- 4 6-ounces skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped almond
- 1 large bunch of small bok choy such as Shanghai bok choy
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- finely sliced fresh basil leaves (optional)
Preparing the Salmon With Steamed Bok Choy And Almonds
The preparation and serving could be split into three parts.
Preparing the Bok Choy
- After cutting off the bottom, the middle section should be cut lengthwise. Now, cut the stems into 1-inch wide strips.
- In a large skillet (preferably wok but any other would do) heat olive oil and saute garlic and ginger for about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the bok choy strips and saute over high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add water and continue cooking for another 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season with hoisin and soy sauce, a handful of chopped almonds and pepper.
Preparing the Salmon
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper (don’t be too modest).
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a flat skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the fillets on one side until golden brown and the edges start to get crisp.
- Turn the fillets over and cook for another 1 to 3 minutes to finish.
- Transfer to a warm plate.
- Add chopped almonds to the pan and lightly saute with basil.
Assembling the Dish
- Place a layer of the bok choy and place fillets slightly above it.
- Spoon the almonds with basil overall.